Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oprah Talks about Her Thyroid Problem

Oprah has chosen to go public about her hyperthyroid condition that has caused her to gain weight by slowing down her metabolism. She says that at first her condition sped up her metabolism and made it difficult to sleep. Then her metabolism slowed down and made her tired most of the time and caused her to gain 20 pounds. She decided to take a break for a month in Hawaii to feel better and get rest and take a break from her stressful career. She has also decided to talk about her condition on her talk show.

1 comment:

Violeta Corona said...

In June of 2008 my doctor found out that I had low thyroid or hypothyroidism.. Before that I was super weak and stressed all the time but when I started taking desiccated bovine supplements my energy improved!